- Booking of Regd letters/parcels/Money orders/Speed post (both Foreign and domestic) through Debit/Credit Card Payment Option (Point of Sale)
- Implementation of discount structure in case of domestic Speed post and Express parcels booked (both for retail customers and BNPL Parcel customers) (Point of Sale and BNPL Parcel)
- Separate Account heads for eCommerce activities right from booking to Payment (All Megdhoot modules).
- Removal of option “Disaster Recovery” , as issue of Money Order has been stopped w.e.f. 16.11.2016 (Postman)
- Removal of option “Request for electronic Data”, as provision for Data Entry of COD articles has been made in case of non receipt of electronic data (Postman)
- Compulsory returns for all the Accountable articles sent to Branch Posts Offices, before 30 days of invoicing (Postman)
- Handling SP COD articles booked for TNF locations ([Postman, ePayment, RNet Communication).
- Separate head of account ‘ATM Cash Pmts’ to account for the amount remitted to Bangalore GPO against the cash deposited in ATM (Treasury and AccountsMIS)
- Creation of separate head of accounts to account for the Cash adjustments made with IPPB Counter by the Post Office where IPPB Counter is co-located in the PO premises (Sub Accounts, Treasury and AccountsMIS)
Besides the above major modifications many minor modifications/enhancements have been made. Complete details of modifications done in each application are furnished in Section 6 [New features / Modifications]. This document acts as an upgrade guide for upgrading the Meghdoot applications from 7.9.6.